Universal Sompo General Health Insurance Company Limited is a leading insurance company, formed through a combined campaign between various Indian banks such as Allahabad Bank, Karnataka Bank, and Indian Overseas Bank and an Indian Investment Company Tower Investment and a Japanese insurance company Sompo Japan Insurance Company.
Its headquarter is situated in Mumbai and started operations in India in the year 2007 when it got a license from the Indian Regulatory and Development Authority and received the certificate.
The institution of Universal Sompo is centred to all the areas of society in the country. This is the simple health insurance, which is suitable for all income people with the facility of cashless hospitalization facility in any hospital.
Current lifestyle made the citizens. More prone to diseases, and to avoid expensive treatment cost .it is necessary to choose a Health Insurance plan.
List of Health Insurance plans offered by Universal Sompo-Being no.1 insurance company, Universal Sompo Health Life Insurance Company offers the different types of policy plans. These are:-
1) Universal Sompo Health Insurance Policy Scheme for Individual- This health insurance plan covers the hospitalization expenses of the individual. Maximum coverage under this plan is Rs. 5 lakhs. Its main features were-
a) Cashless hospitalization
b) Hospitalization expenses
c) Domiciliary expenses are covered
2) Universal Sompo Health Insurance Policy Scheme for Group- This is a health insurance plan that covers hospitalization charges and domestic expenditure in the hospital of employees of a group of business/construction areas, social sectors and/or institutions/ associations/clubs.
3) Universal Sompo Health Insurance Policy Scheme-Pravasi Bharatiya Bima Yojana plan- This is a health insurance plan in which the medical expenses of individuals are involved which are emigrating and whose passports support with the "need to check emigration".
4) Universal Sompo Health Insurance Policy Scheme - Surva Vidyarthi Bima Yojana plan – This is a health insurance plan, which can be taken by an educational institution for the benefit of students. These are the features of this plan:
There are different sections, one is section A, which is mandatory and the remaining sections are optional.
Section A has the following benefits:-
Section B benefits:
Medical expenses cover the following - Room, board and nursing expenses, Surgeon, Medical Practitioner, Consultants, Specialists Fees, anaesthesia, Blood, Oxygen, Operation Theatre Charges, Surgical appliances (any disposable consumables subject to upper limit of 10% of Sum Insured), Medicines & Drugs, Diagnostic Materials and X-Ray, Dialysis, Chemotherapy, Radiotherapy, Cost of Pacemaker, Artificial Limbs, and cost of Stents and implants.
Section C benefits:
Fire cover where the company will pay the market value of the insured property and/or the amount of damage in the event of any loss or damage to the insured property arising out of the perils.
5) Universal Sompo Health Insurance Policy Scheme -Swarna Gramin Bima Yojana policy plans (Individual and Group plans)– This is a health insurance plan, which can be taken by a ‘grameen’, i.e., a village resident to cover its rural customer for financial institutions and voluntary organizations like themselves and their families and/or organizations.
6) Universal Sompo Health Insurance Policy Scheme- Aapat Suraksha Bima Insurance plan– This is a health plan in which people have been given primary focus on providing insurance benefits in any form of critical illness. This plan tries to take advantage of the insurance where hospital expenses and other medical expenses are related when the person is suffering from serious illness.
7) Universal Sompo Health Insurance Policy Scheme- Hospital Cash Insurance Plan- This policy provides a cash benefit for hospitalization so that there is no drainage on the savings of the insured and his or her family.
8) Universal Sompo Health Insurance Policy Scheme- Complete Health Care Insurance plan- This is a health insurance plan in which the person's hospitalization and medical expenses are included.
9) Universal Sompo Health Insurance Policy Scheme- Senior Citizen Health Care plan- This is a health insurance plan covering the hospitalization and medical expenses of a person over the age of 60 years.
The health insurance scheme offered by the company can be implemented through several channels such as:
Universal Sompo offers three ways to pay General Insurance premium
1. Direct debit from your bank
2. Pay by credit card
3. Cheque Payment
For direct debit, you need to sign the debit mandate. Thus, you do not have the tension to remember the due date of premium.
You can view the policy statement online or via a toll-free number. If you are a registered user, then just login to the e-portal with your username and password.
There are three ways to renew your policy with the company
1. Debit mandate - Automatic bank transfer as per date agreed in policy T & C.
2. To inquire about the renewal process, call the toll-free number of the company to deposit payment in the Acceptable Bank branch.
3. If you have an online insurer profile, then pay the insurance premium directly.