L&T Health Insurance
A subsidiary of Larsen and Turbo limited, the L&T General Insurance Company has been offering motor insurance, health insurance, home insurance and corporate insurance plans and products. By way of its prudent and customer-centric policies, it has been able to develop a disciplined approach to underwriting and leveraging on technology that has played a key role in its efficient operations. L&T General Insurance offers a wide range of products that cater to the requirements of all types of people.
Why Buy L&T Health Insurance Plans?
The modern lifestyle and environment have made individuals prone to ailments. The ever-escalating medical expenses and treatment costs for diseases and ailments that require constant treatment and attention have made health insurance policy a must-have. This will help the individual to face the medical emergency without any financial crisis.
Advantages & Benefits of Availing L&T Health Insurance
Though L&T is foraying into a relatively new segment, the financial background of the L&T General Insurance company places it at an advantage. The advantages L&T General Insurance offers include:
- Plans and coverage for entire family which includes 2 adults and 2 children.
- The related medical expenses cover includes a term that includes 30 days prior to hospitalization, as well as 60 days post hospitalization.
- Four claim-free years make you eligible for free health check-ups.
- The plan is renewable for life until your lifetime.
- Post 80 years will make you eligible for co-payment.
- After initial waiting period of 3 years, you are covered even in case of pre-existing diseases.
- No limitations on hospital room rents.
- 24x7 claim assistance, guidance, and support.
List of L&T Health Insurance Policy
The online and offline plans that customers can avail include
- Medisure classic insurance plan
- Medisure prime insurance plan
- Medisure Super top-up plan
- Medisure plus insurance
- Medisure personal accident plan
An overview of the plans:
L&T Medisure Classic Insurance plan
This plan takes care of the hospitalization expenses.
Features and Benefits of L&T Medisure Classic Insurance Policy
- Sum insured ranges from 1-5 lakhs for individual policies while that of floater policy is 2-5 lakh rupees.
- No age restrictions for this plan. Plan to be renewed annually or once in two years.
- Cashless claims are taken care of within 6 working hours while reimbursement claims are settled within 6 working days, failing which a fixed compensation of rupees 1000 is paid.
- In case of the insurance plan, in case of an accident, the sum insured is reinstated into the policy to the extent of the claim amount that does not exceed the sum insured even if the sum insured is exhausted.
- The health insurance covers the OT charges, anesthetist, nurses, specialists, blood oxygen, prosthetic equipment, lab tests as well.
- If a person who has been insured who is less than 65 years contract a critical illness that is specified, the basic sum insured is doubled automatically.
- Customers below 50 years of age can take a policy without medical examination.
- When hospital stay extends beyond 10 days you get a recovery benefit of Rs. 5000.
- You get cover after a waiting period of 3 years in case of pre-existing diseases.
- Maximum of Rs.25,000 is granted for ayurvedic treatment that is not cosmetic in nature.
- If medical ailment continues for more than 3 days you can get covered for treatment at home.
- A maximum of Rs.1500 per hospitalization can be claimed as Ambulance charges.
- Rs.500 is provided on the 4th and 10th day of hospital stay as hospital charges.
- Day-care expenses that equal the Sum insured are provided.
- Pre-hospitalization expenses for 30 days prior and post hospitalization expenses for about 90 days after hospitalization are covered.
- You have the option to discontinue the policy within the free look in a period of 15 days if you are not satisfied. The premium paid minus the stamp duty charges, medical examination expenses, and the proportionate premium would be refunded.
- You can avail income tax exemption under section 80D of the Income Tax Act.
- The proposer and the spouse must be at least 18 years or more and the children should be at least 3 months to 23 years for insurance coverage.
- 65 years is the age limit for add-on critical illness covers.
Sub-limits under Medisure Classic Insurance Plan
- Hospitalization expenses covered is limited to either 1% of the sum insured or the actual expense. The room rent or boarding should not exceed Rs.4000 per day.
- ICU Treatment is limited to 2% of the sum insured along with the limit for the room rent and it shall not exceed Rs.6000.
- The cover for normal delivery is 10% of the sum insured or Rs.20,000 whichever is lower and for cesarean, it is 20% of the sum insured or Rs.40,000 whichever is lower.
- The coverage for new-born baby starts from the time of birth to 90days.
Likewise, each and every policy has features and benefits that offer value. You can choose one of them depending on your requirement even using the premium calculator as your guide. The premium will vary depending on the age, a number of members covered and the sum assured you wish to opt for.
- The insurance cover is for people between 5-70 years. If the children of 5-18 years are to be covered at least 1 parent should have been covered.
L&T Health insurance covers even critical illnesses such as
- Primary pulmonary hypertension
- Aorta graft surgery
- Major organ transplant
- Multiple sclerosis
- Kidney failure
- Coronary bypass surgery
- Heart attack for the first time
How to Apply or Buy L&T Health Insurance Policies?
You can apply for insurance policies via multiple channels, which include
- Requesting a call back by providing the name, mobile number, and email id
- Call the sales helpline and contact the customer service representative
- You may write directly to the company
- You may visit the company website by clicking on the “downloads” tab to access a page that contains PDF links to the insurance plans on offer. You can then download the Proposal form and fill it up and meet the agent at the nearest branch .
- You can send an SMS “LTI” to 5607058
- Get in touch with an agent to buy a plan.